Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Smash Book: Documenting Goals & Thoughts


Hey! My about me Smash Book seems to have turned into a motivational craft documenting my goals and my progression growing as a person. It certainly wasn't my intention to take this route but it just kind of happened that way. My original plan was scrap about my personality and the things that make me, me - like my likes and dislikes, what I like to do in my free time - stuff like that.  I like the direction its taken though because this is Me. And it is something that I'm going through currently.



This Smash Book spread is about success.  The quote at the bottom of the page really drew me in because it's something I truly believe.  *If you can't get something out of your mind, it's never going to leave and you need to do something about it.* That's how I interpreted it and that's what this about. Graphic Design/Scrapbooking/digital scrapbooking or something along those lines is something I NEED to pursue. I've been thinking about it for years. That's why I decided to open my Etsy store. I have to start somewhere. 

 
It's a slow process right now because I work and have regular every stuff to do but one thing I make sure to do is work on creating or designing every day. Some nights I sit with Inkscape open for hours and create. Some nights I don't feel creative at all but I'll look for tutorials or read articles about graphic design…I always make sure to do something regarding my goal. I believe that working on it, even a little bit each day, helps maintain creativity and keeps me focused on the ending result.

 
Sometimes I don't even sit on the computer and create or read articles. Sometimes I sit down at my scrapbooking desk and get my hand dirty creating with paper. Dabbling in other forms of creativity helps me stay focused too and keeps me from getting bored.


 Like working on this Smash Book. :) Or my coupon holder food journal.


I'm not always good at vocalizing my goals and thoughts, but writing down a plan helps me stick to my goals. Being able to incorporate creativity is an added bonus, especially since, being creative is part of the goal!

Linked up here:

Ginger Snap Crafts

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I love how you are smashing your thoughts/words with your color and creativity. So happy for you that you are working towards your art goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great book. Love that it turned into something else because I am sure years from now you will look back and see exactly what you were going through/thinking/doing at this time. And good for you for following up on your desires to pursue the Graphic Design thing and open up your Etsy store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pages, I really like the direction your Smash book took! Always nice when things turn out differently than expected, but for the better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that this is what your smash book has evolved into!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Stop by and say hello!