Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Coupon Holder Food Journal


Ohhh do I have a fun project for you! The title of my post doesn't make it sound too enticing, but it is. With this whole weight loss journey I'm going through, I realized for me personally to stay motivated, I need to make it fun and creative. I always tried to keep a food journal..Blah. Boring. Who wants to do that? Seriously. Bleck. Well. I NEED to. If I don't, I will eat anything and everything, or fib about something….you all know what I'm talking about… ;) That handful of chips you grab while putting away dishes "doesn't count", right???? I know you know what I'm talking about.

 I'm always looking for fun and creative ways to use things that aren't usually meant for scrapbooking so that's what I set out to do. A while back, I created an album using a coupon holder and I was motivated to see what else I could turn an ordinary coupon holder in to. That's when I decided that it would be perfect as my food journal.  Here's a pic of my album I made a while ago. You can check out the entire post here.




I'm addicted to pink. Neon Pink to be specific so when I saw this coupon holder at the dollar store, I know that it was perfect for this project. 



I decorated it with patterned paper and some stickers. ON the inside, in each section, I labeled each month and inserted  enough blank index cards to be able to record my daily food entries.



I didn't really get in to specifics with regards to calories, fat, etc. I don't really care about that. I eat fairly healthy anyway I just want to know what I am putting in to my body because I tend to eat  & eat. I love food and I love to eat so if I force myself to write it down I'm more mindful of how much I actually put into my mouth. 




So far it's been good. I'm motivated by creative things. Now if only I could find a creative way to incorporate exercise into my life. LOL.

Linked up here:
View from the fridge

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! What a pretty system to record your daily food eats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Whatever motivates you, right??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That handful of chips counts! ;) cute way of making something you aren't looking forward to more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I have that same little holder, but never thought to alter it!! how cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea :)
    I watch creative YouTube videos on my iPad while I'm on the treadmill, that is how I am motivated to exercise ;)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Stop by and say hello!