Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday Ramblings


Hi there! Can you believe Christmas is almost here! I won't be around much in the next week due to the season winding down at work, all the Christmas festivities, and school vacation. Yay! It's going to be crazy.

Although I haven't been blogging much, (I do plan to pick it up more in the coming year) I have been busy doing other stuff. Since I've been looking for a job with more consistent hours and not having much luck I've decided to take things into my own hands, so to speak and see where it goes from there while still looking. Although I went to school for graphic design, I mainly only took it up for "fun". I'm going back to that because it's "what I know" and I'm just going to see where it takes me.  By the end of January, or the beginning of February, my goal is to open an Etsy store and sell both printable and digital journal cards that can be used for scrapbooking or project life, and eventually make some digital kits (in the works). I'm not expecting to make millions, even hundreds for that matter, I just love creating and feel that starting out this way will pave the way for other opportunities. I'm a big believer in doing what you love, and this is among one of the many things that I love doing.  I know it's not Christmas theme, but I didn't want you all to think I'm neglecting you (lol) but here is a sampling of what I've been working on.


 This is part of a valentines day set. I've changed a few of them already because I wasn't crazy about them. This is the just the sampling before my editing.

These three are part of a set I'm working on to document the fun times. I'm challenging myself to step out of my color comfort zone. While it's hard, and so easy to resort back to the color combos I'm comfortable with, I'm pleased with my results so far.

Well I hope you all have a great Christmas! If you don't celebrate Christmas I hope you have a great Holiday and are able to spend it with the ones that mean most.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's Christmas Eve! How did that happen so fast? I love the idea of you opening an Etsy shop!! A lot of people have a pretty successful time over there! Great cards! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Stop by and say hello!