Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Coffee Love


I love coffee! I'm surprised I didn't turn this into a coffee themed blog. Just kidding, I'm not that obsessed but I do love a good cuppa joe. My kitchen though, is tastefully decorated with coffee themed d├ęcor. This is my favorite piece I have in my kitchen. When I saw them, it was love at first sight.

 

 

Don't mind the paneling. I live in an apartment and I have no control over the cosmetics. It's a good sized place, so it weights out the ugliness. At least it's "nice" paneling, if you want to call it that,  not the ugly paneling that just looks like plywood stained. Know what I mean?

 

 

I've loved coffee since taking my first sip in the 6th grade. As I've gotten older I've grown out of the little coffee with my sugar and cream phase, and I still LOVE coffee. I wouldn't say I am addicted, because I don't NEED coffee, and I only drink one or two cups a day, but I really love it. I love it all; lattes, cappuccinos, iced coffee, espresso, regular hot coffee, anything.
 
 

 I've been drinking iced coffee a lot lately. I think because of work. When I bring hot coffee by the time I get to it, it between phone calls and such, the coffee is room temp and it doesn't taste very good. So I've been drinking iced, because it stays "fresher" a bit longer. I've tried many methods of brewing coffee; even cold brew but didn't like it. I really wanted to but it didn't taste right to me.

 

 The way I do it is easy. I fill the water basin to just a bit past the number 2 line. Next, I add 4 scoops of my desired brand of coffee. I use Earths pride organic from Bj's or Gorilla Organic. Since I've switched to organic coffee there is less of an after taste. It's a very smooth flavor.  After it brews, I let it sit for no more than 1/2 hour or it will start to taste funny, to cook down a bit. I add lots of ice to my cup, pour coffee over and prepare as desired. It's really simple.

 

I just found out I'm the lucky one to have to work the midnight shift for black Friday. Everyone else in the office complained and because I'm the youngest one, I get stuck with it. Aren't I lucky? I love working when I'm supposed to be sleeping. *Hear the sarcasm?*  I wish retailers would just stick to the normal 6am for black Friday. Opening any earlier just takes the fun and specialness  out of it. Now it's just a money game. Ugh.  I know I just complained but honestly I don't mind it,  it's once a year and I'm usually the opener, which is normally at 4 or 5, not midnight. It just irks me that I was told I got stuck with it because no one else want it, and "I'm young". Ugh, irritates to no end when people say that. I'm disappointed too because now I'm having Thanksgiving Wednesday night, and I'm not cooking. *Frown* I love cooking Thanksgiving. That's what you get when you don't complain I guess.  Any who, they better not mind me bringing in a whole carafe full of coffee. I'm definitely  going to need it.  Sorry just venting in that last paragraph!

 

 

 

 

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, that giant cup of coffee has me craving! Too bad it is 10pm. I have a serious iced coffee habit. Oh, and don't even get me started on the whole Black Friday thing! Have a beautiful week :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Stop by and say hello!